The International Office cooperates with faculties and departments at Umeå University to facilitate the possibilities for students, teachers and administrative staff to participate in mobility schemes that aim to provide an international dimension to their study or work experience. Together, we also work to provide a good level of service to the international students at our university.
Information about Student Health Service for students
Students who want to get in contact with the Student Health Service will find contact information at the website for students (reached via the 'Students' link at the top of this page).
About International Office
The International Office has a coordinating role at the university, which means that we:
- Supply information about our students' opportunities for foreign exchange studies.
- Inform teachers and staff about their mobility options.
- Are responsible for the admission of incoming international students.
- Are responsible for information, reception and social activities for international students.
- Administer and spread information about scholarships for students, teachers and staff that are offered within a number of mobility programmes.
- Supply and administer housing for incoming exchange students.
- Work for a more efficient administration surrounding the reception of international students.
- Maintain regular contacts with our central bilateral partners.
- Maintain regular contacts with external organisations in different international concerns, in order to accumulate knowledge that may be of use in the continued internationalisation of our university.
The International Office administers and carries the overall responsibility for the university’s participation in the following mobility programmes and international cooperation schemes:
- The Nordic Centre in China
- The Nordic Centre in India
- PhD exchange with Berkley
- Central partners